Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tis the Season!

I grew up in a family where Holidays are a very big deal and taken very seriously, from the decor to the presents! Because of this tradition, I have dreamed for years of decorating my very own home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have such wonderful memories of my mom going out in the woods behind our home and cutting smilax to decorate our home (a nice leisure of living in the country).  She would add deer antlers, gold star ornaments, ribbon and white twinkle lights. After visiting the Holiday Home last week I knew I was ready to start decorating our home! My very sweet Mother-in-law kicked started my decorating by buying some beautiful garland and wreath from Boxwoods for our cute yellow bungalow. I couldn't wait to add my touch to them!

First I started at Michaels, I bought gold pine cones, red berry stems, and gold balls stems.


I laid the beautiful magnolia garland down the middle of our dining room table.  I added our squash, pumpkins and gourds from Halloween to make the garland Thanksgiving/Christmas transitional :)


I then added the red berries, gold pine cones and some centerpieces "fluffers" from my coffee table (the round yarn balls).


I picked up some gold candles from world market for our beautiful Match candlesticks (one of my favorite wedding gifts).


 On each end I added deer antlers from our wedding centerpieces.




 Pretty good for my first dining room table decor! Next I added the berries and gold pine cones to the matching wreath. I hung it on our dining room door.



I also added the Pheasant tail hanger (also from our wedding). I thought it blended very well with the wreath. Don't mind bugsy and his bone...

My little helper :)


I was so in the mood for decorating and didn't want it to end... so I went to Trader Joes and bought a boxwood wreath to decorate too. I did the same and added berries, gold balls and gold pine cones.


Now I can't wait to do the mantle! 


After all that decorating, it called for snuggling by the fire and nice warm dinner made by the hubby :)



This is my first Thanksgiving with out my Czeschin family, and first with my Altenbach family! Very exciting, but a little strange! I have so so much to be thankful for, its truly overwhelming! My heart is so full! I hope everyone has a relaxing and wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones!


11 comments:

  1. I dont want that bs that wants me to pay out tha butt just to meet a nice girl. I have looked on thousands of sites it seems there are no free dating sites. if any one could help i would really appreciate it.
    professional matchmaking service

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the best online dating site that's free.?
    herpes singles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good information and great post.  I like the website, and am sure to keep returning.
    matchmaking zurich

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.. they are really interesting.. I would like to swervey more from you.
    matchmaking london

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.. they are really interesting.. I would like to swervey more from you.
    how to get a mans attention

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I really feel strongly about it and love learning more on that topic. If achievable, as you gain competence, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is highly helpful for me.
    matchmaking zurich

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the fresh perpective you did on the issue. I will be back soon to check up on new posts! Thank you!
    matchmaking amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Non-crappy dating sites for herpes sufferers?
    herpes dating sites

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely article! I liked each and every craft shown here. That wreath is way too beautiful. I would like to make that at home and will use it for my birthday bash that I will be hosting soon at popular venues in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Valuable site, where did u come up with the information in this posting? I am pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what new content pieces u have.
    marriage license

    ReplyDelete