Monday, December 10, 2012

Chastain Horse Park

As some of you know, I love horses! I grew up showing horses and since I went to college have not ridden very much. When I do, its usually trail riding with my mom!

This is Listy, my mom's Icelandic Pony!


 This is me riding BA and mom and listy in front of us!
 This is a pic from home, BA and listy! BA was my first paint horse, he is 23 and we have had him 16 years now. I won lots of blue ribbons on BA!

As a Member of the Junior League of Atlanta, I volunteer at the Chastain Horse Park! Last night I attended my first volunteer shift, and I loved it! It felt so good to help out and lead the kids on the horses! It is very rewarding to help out someone in need. When we were young, my sister and I volunteered to lead horses with the special needs children. My Mom even saw a little boy take his first step at a very late age after riding horses. Horses can provide physical and emotional therapy for children with disabilities. It is also very helpful for children with learning disabilities, as it teaches patience and responsibility. It really is a wonderful experience, you can learn more here.


You can volunteer too! If you have any questions please feel free to ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment